Blog 5

 A photograph. Its story


This photograph is important to me because it was taken in commemoration of donor day.Together with my family, we were invited to the event because my grandmother's organs were donated at the time of her death. As a token of appreciation, a tree was planted in honor of each donor in "Cerro Blanco".

Despite my young age, at that moment an awareness was generated in me regarding the importance of being a donor.

As time went by, this ceremony was don't performed on the hill and it was decided to do it in a more private way at the San Juan de Dios hospital, but unfortunately I did not go again.

Donating my grandmother's organs was a difficult decision and not everyone agreed with doing it because my grandmother was brain dead and it was the family's decision if they wanted her to continue alive but connected to machines with no hope of recovery or to disconnect her and allow donation. I consider that having donated his organs was a good decision as it gave life hope to someone who needed it.

During the event the people who received organs were very grateful to his unknown donor, that by law, it is not possible to know who was the donor or who received the organs.

In our country there is not much awareness regarding donation so it is important to dispel myths and carry out campaigns to inform people about the issue.






Comentarios

  1. What a beautiful gesture of you as family

    ResponderEliminar
  2. That was a noble act, but I imagine it was very painful for your family and for you, you must have been very strong to face that situation.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

autobiography

Post 1: A country you would like to visit

Why did you choose this career/study programme?